Advanced Custom Fields version 5.9.4 is now available. We you had a wonderful holiday period and are feeling fresh for another exciting year of WordPress development 🏄♂️🏄♀️☀️!
This release contains support for the latest PHP and jQuery version alongside a number of improvements for both the ACF and ACF PRO plugins, which we hope you enjoy.
👨💻 Please find the release notes below. And for the latest ACF news, follow us on Twitter @wp_acf.
- Enhancement – Added PHP validation for the Email field (previously relied solely on browser validation).
- Fix – Added support for PHP 8.0 (fixed logged warnings).
- Fix – Added support for jQuery 3.5 (fixed logged warnings).
- Fix – Fixed bug causing WYSIWYG field to appear unresponsive within the Gutenberg editor.
- Fix – Fixed regression preventing “blog_%d” and “site_%d” as valid
$post_id values for custom Taxonomy terms.
- Fix – Fixed bug causing Radio field label to select first choice.
- Fix – Fixed bug preventing preloading blocks that contain multiple parent DOM elements.
- i18n – Updated Japanese translation thanks to Ryo Takahashi.
- i18n – Updated Portuguese translation thanks to Pedro Mendonça.
🙌 Thanks to everyone who helped make this release possible.